Re: [Monotone-devel] anyone want to try being release manager?

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] anyone want to try being release manager?
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 09:48:16 +0100

Hi,

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
A group of volunteers might actually be a good idea :).

Yes. Especially for a distributed VCS it seems obvious to have a distributed group of release managers. I'm sure we can manage the communication overheads somehow ;-)

No seriously, though. I don't think these steps can easily be split up. One person should be 'responsible' for that every month. Maybe we can cycle that, but please let us have one person release (at least) one version, the more the better.. i.e. (just as an idea):

Nathaniel Smith:  - 0.32
Timothy Brownawell: 0.33 - 0.35
Daniel Carosone: 0.36 - 0.38
Matthew Gregan: 0.38 - 0.40
Richard Levitte: 0.41 - 0.43

BTW: Is there a plan or some minimum requirements for incrementing to versions 1.xy?

Regards

Markus