Re: [Monotone-devel] Summit funding, was: basic_io not binary transparen

From: Nathaniel J. Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Summit funding, was: basic_io not binary transparent?
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 02:35:02 -0800

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 09:04:13AM +0100, Christof Petig wrote:
> Christof Petig schrieb:
> > PS: I _shall_ not need funding for the summit. IMHO if fully apprenticed
> > university engineers with a paid job ask for funding something is going
> > wrong indead. OTOH paying the flight just because of a hobby hurts my
> > family's holiday budget, too.
>
> Please do not get me wrong: I was explaining why I could not honestly
> ask for funding, I was not intending to say that engineers should not
> need funding.

Don't worry, I think we all understand -- money is always tricky to
talk about, especially since, for all sorts of reasons, everyone has
different financial situations.  Fortunately, though, we all know that
we are in this together, so we are all able to trust people's own
judgments about whether they need some extra help -- and all
appreciate the sacrifices people are making to help us all succeed.

Cheers,