Re: [Monotone-devel] Doubts about the sanity of setup

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Doubts about the sanity of setup
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 18:43:11 -0700

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 28 Dec 2006 18:17:43 -0700, Derek Scherger
<address@hidden> said:

derek> So where is the line between the "first half" and the "second
derek> half" exactly?

My thought is that the first half is "mtn setup" and does exactly what
"mtn setup" does today, and that "mtn update" would be modified to be
able to do the rest, by basically starting from the revision before
all revisions and do what's needed, including creating directories and
files.

Huh. That's interesting on a couple of fronts.

First, if this worked we really wouldn't "need" checkout at all.
Second, it pretty much mimics what the new editable_tree.checkout would do. i.e. apply a cset that is empth rev -> selected rev".

I'm not sure how much it would take to make it work. Removing the assert it hits in CMD(update) and the next one it hits in pick_update_candidates isn't enough to make it happy! ;)

Cheers,
Derek