Re: [Monotone-devel] Doubts about the sanity of setup

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Doubts about the sanity of setup
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 18:17:43 -0700

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
Ah.  Basically, it would be equivalent to doing this:

        mtn co . -d ~/default.mtn -b net.venge.monotone

Difference is, the first half would be done by me and the other half
by an automatic process.

Funny enough I just posted something about "mtn attach" which sounds like perhaps what you want? i.e. mkdir -p ... + mtn attach -d ... -b ...

Hrm... or maybe not. This would leave you in a state where a bunch of things are missing, and require revert to get them back. Update wouldn't even work until the missing things are sorted out.

So where is the line between the "first half" and the "second half" exactly? Does the first half checkout only directories and the second have check out the associated files?

Cheers,
Derek