[Monotone-devel] nvm.experiment.pcre ready for merge

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: [Monotone-devel] nvm.experiment.pcre ready for merge
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 19:04:46 -0700

I've updated the net.venge.monotone.experiment.pcre branch to latest
mainline and to PCRE 7.4.  It passes all the tests with no problems.
I've dealt with the potential stack-overflow problem by imposing a
sane recursion limit (normal regexps need only a few recursions at
most; PCRE's default is effectively unlimited; I set it at 2000, which
is supposed to be only a megabyte of stack - well within the 8MB of
space that is typical) and I added PCRE's documentation on regular
expression syntax to the main manual.  I've also updated the autoconf
goo - most of the boost search logic is not necessary if we stop using
boost::regex.  All tests pass, 'make distcheck' is in progress.

I would like to merge this branch for 0.37, but I will let Richard or
Nathaniel make the decision, especially as I have to leave now and
won't be around much this weekend.