[Monotone-devel] Write Access To net.venge.monotone....

From: Anthony Edward Cooper
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Write Access To net.venge.monotone....
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 10:40:57 +0100

   Hi all,

   Not sure if  this is the right way of going about it but...

I'm writing/have been writing a number of perl utilities for use with mtn and would like to store them in your db. I will probably put them onto CPAN as well. I have been writing C code on Unix since the mid 80's and C++ for say about a year, perl ~ 6 months. Written things from linux device drivers (1 USB and 1 PCI) to GUIs.

I have no desire to fiddle around with the main code, you seem to be doing just fine without me :-), but I would like to contribute utilities etc that may help others.

   Done so far/in progress:

mtn-cleanup - perl utility that completely reverts a workspace to a clean state, basically removes everything not in the manifest and then does a revert.

      Monotone.pm - Module for using perl with mtn automate stdio.

   Hopefully coming up at some point:

Simple cvsweb style front end. I know about viewMTN but when I tried it, it was too slow and kept leaving mtn processes lying about the place (was on Solaris 2.9 Apache/1.3 though).

      Simple browser/utility in perl/Gtk.

I'm thinking perhaps somewhere under ....contrib like net.venge.monotone.contrib/perl

   Would it be possible to give me write access to contrib and below?

   Will send pubkey if/when you are happy.....

   Cheers,

   Tony Cooper.

--
If at first you don't succeed... Delegate.

Pay a visit to my home page at:
http://www.coosoft.freeserve.co.uk/