Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone Summit 2008

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone Summit 2008
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 14:56:59 -0700

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 11:12:15AM +0200, Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
> Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> >If anything, it's probably on the late side to be organizing for
> >January/February, so people probably would want to get on it quick...
>
> Yeah, better late than never ;-)   Besides, are there any good reasons
> that it must be Jan/Feb?  We could still do in in March or even April, no?

No, no particular reason -- I think last year it just happened then
because by the time we started planning it was too late to do it
before Jan/Feb, and there was no reason to hold it off until after
that.

On further thought, a time after March 22 would be much better for me
personally, because I'm a teaching assistant for the winter quarter
this year, so that makes it quite tricky for me to get away between
January 4 and March 22 (would need to find someone else to take my
class, couldn't do it at all during test times, etc.).

Electrons find their paths in subtle ways.