Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone Summit 2008

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone Summit 2008
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:25:34 +0200

Hey Thomas,

Thomas Keller wrote:
Is there a general interest of doing another summit next year - maybe
again in January/February?

LOL, I was just thinking about it and that we should start organizing such a thing if we are heading for the same time of the year...

We should have more than enough topics for it, a lot of things still nag
my personal feeling about monotone (automate interface, selectors,
policy *cough* branches, partial pull, ...) and I think it would be a
great opportunity for us all to bring monotone just another big step foward.

Full ACK.

You know I couldn't attend to the last / first one this year, but I'd
really like to make it this time. But since I'm even more broken than
last year all I could afford is something in Europe. Opinions?

To be able to meet everybody in person, I'd favor a single event, as opposed to multiple local ones. OTOH that's certainly more expensive. Any chance of getting some sponsorship again? Maybe for an event in Europe? Asking Google Switzerland? ...

If we can't get funds for a worldwide event, we should better try to organize local gatherings. But let's check for funds, first.

I'm certainly willing to help organizing.

Regards

Markus