Re: [Monotone-devel] could we get away with requiring perl during the bu

From: Matthew Gregan
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] could we get away with requiring perl during the build, for botan's sake?
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:52:31 +1300

At 2007-10-15T13:09:46-0700, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> I noticed yesterday while updating AUTHORS that our copy of Botan is way
> out of date.  The newer version has some nice things in it - for example,
> tuned assembly versions of SHA1 - but the catch is, you configure the
> library for the target processor etc. with a Perl script.  I am not
> wanting to rewrite the thing in Autoconf.  Would requiring a working Perl
> installation (it doesn't look like it needs anything beyond a basic 5.x
> perl) be too much of a hindrance?

Sounds good to me.  It won't be a problem for the MinGW builds.  It's
slightly more hassle for the Visual Studio builds, but not a big deal.
Worst case (and probably not necessary), we can keep generated copies of the
files in the tree under visualc/ like we do with a few other files.

Cheers,
-mjg
--
Matthew Gregan                     |/