Re: [Monotone-devel] could we get away with requiring perl during the bu

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] could we get away with requiring perl during the build, for botan's sake?
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:30:49 +0200

Hi,

Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
AFAICT botan doesn't provide lots of optimized assembler code, yet. So that might not be much of an issue, yet.

Sorry, I revoke that statement. There are quite some CPU specific assembler optimizations in botan. Especially also for SHA-1, which could serve us very well.

I'm currently trying to measure potential gains on my Core2Duo CPU with manually configured and added amd64 (ia64) optimizations.

Regards

Markus