Re: [Monotone-devel] build failure of 0.36 release on linux

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] build failure of 0.36 release on linux
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 18:08:34 -0600

On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 14:36 +0100, Thomas Keller wrote:
> Sorry that this took a little longer, but I recently stumbled across
> the
> same problem. The origin seems to be gcc, which did not provide
> default
> constructors for Internal::hastable_iterator and
> Internal::hashtable_const_iterator [0]. This was apparently fixed in
> gcc
> 4.1.1.
>
> @Timothy: I looked at your code in hybrid_map.hh and hash_map.hh, but
> I'm a little lost there. Is it somehow possible to add our own default
> constructor for those mentioned iterators above or are we lost in this
> case? We could (should?) at least check for this problem during
> configure on the other hand...

No, I don't believe we can.

We could avoid needing them, but this would include breaking our
hybrid_map iterators to not have default constructors either. Annoying,
but workable if we don't actually use those constructors anywhere (I
haven't checked).

--
Timothy

Free (experimental) public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net