Re: [Monotone-devel] options for automate inventory

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] options for automate inventory
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 01:18:01 +0100

Stephen Leake schrieb:
I'm adding options to 'automate inventory' to not output unknown,
ignored, or unchanged files; these provide significant speed
improvements. I'm not clear what the best names are.

One issue is that 'automate stdio' doesn't handle options that don't
take values; according to monotone.texi, the input format is:

where the pair of strings is 'option name', 'value'.

So the simple boolean options '--no-unknown' etc won't work with
'automate stdio'. Unless the second string can be zero length? I
haven't tried that.

I just checked that neither

o20:ignore-suspend-certse l8:branchese

nor

o20:ignore-suspend-certs0:e l8:branchese

or

o20:ignore-suspend-certs1:1e l8:branchese

actually does what it should (in all cases the "wrong" option is just skipped).

Changing 'automate stdio' to handle no-value options does not seem
straight-forward.

I'm planning to use '--unknown false', '--ignored false', '--unchanged
false', with the default value of 'true' for each option.

I'm voting for teaching stdio to understand the o6:option0:e syntax.

Thomas.