Re: [Monotone-devel] ikiwiki monotone support

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] ikiwiki monotone support
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:41:44 +1100

    Zack> If you were interested in improving Monotone.pm to the point where it
    Zack> wouldn't be an embarrassment to the archive, I'd be happy to add a
    Zack> monotone-perl binary package.

Yes, I am interested. What needs to be done?

    Zack> Incidentally, do you have access to Debian/alpha gear?  The #1
    Zack> outstanding problem with the existing monotone packages for Debian is
    Zack> that they don't reliably build on alpha.  I *think* this is a compiler
    Zack> issue but I can't prove it because I don't have access to alpha
    Zack> hardware (debian or otherwise).

Unfortunately not. I do have a Pegasos PowerPC computer though.

Does Debian have Alpha logins for Debian developers?

    >> 2. Defaults for --confdir --rcfile --keydir seem can't be changed. The
    >> defaults seem to be strange.

    Zack> I don't see any settings of these in Monotone.pm -- so you're getting
    Zack> the defaults for the binary.

Yes, I suspect so. Probably need to allow setting at least --keydir
and --rcfile (for the keyphrase hook). I am not sure what --confdir is
for though - is it needed?

After Monotone.pm is updated, obviously ikiwiki will have to be
updated to provide the new settings. I think this should be easy.

    Zack> Is it possible that $HOME (the environment variable) is /root even
    Zack> though the process is running as www-data?  The binary looks at $HOME
    Zack> first.

No idea. It might be. Either that or it is empty (what happens in this
case?).

Hmmm. Wonder if you can override HOME from the apache config... I
guess I will have to try and see what happens.
--
Brian May <address@hidden>