Re: [Monotone-devel] ikiwiki monotone support

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] ikiwiki monotone support
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:18:45 +1100

    Brian> It appears the value of $HOME is hard coded in the wiki.cgi script
    Brian> when the wiki is rebuilt, and all other values are ignored. At least
    Brian> with monotone 0.31 - will have to try a later version...

Next issue.

As previously recommended I have the work flow:

[ mtn server ]  --pull--> [ local db ] --update--> working directory

So:

1. I sync updates to mtn server.
2. this runs a hook
   * that causes changes to be pulled to the local db
   * the working directory is updated from local db
   * ikiwiki is run to regenerate website.

My problem is, changes made at the website will only appear at local
db, not mtn server.

ikiwiki does have an option to sync/push changes with another
server. This is good.

However, in my case, any updates to the database will cause the hook
to execute, updating the working directory, and possibly running
ikiwiki again.  I have yet to work out if this is good or bad. It
seems kind of messy, and not quite a full loop (it would be a full
loop if I had a trigger on the local db to automatically sync changes
to the server) but close to it.

Any ideas?

Also related, I wonder if there are any possible race conditions with
ikiwiki regenerating the website from monotone at the same time as
from apache.

Thanks.
--
Brian May <address@hidden>