[Monotone-devel] Re: symlinks support [Was: Future of monotone]

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: symlinks support [Was: Future of monotone]
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 10:30:16 +0100

Lapo Luchini wrote:
> PS: I don't know about SFU, but even if it did emulate them, they
> wouldn't work using plain "native" processes anyway, I guess.

Just as I suspected:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/technetmag/issues/2005/05/InterOp/
SFU and the Interix subsystem support both hard and symbolic links. The
hard links are completely visible both from the Win32 subsystem and the
Interix subsystem, but the symbolic links are only supported under the
Interix subsystem.

    Lapo