Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Future of monotone

From: Thomas Moschny
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Future of monotone
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 18:56:26 +0100

On Monday 28 January 2008, Bruce Stephens wrote:
> Locality on disk, such that commonly the certs that you want to
> request are close together (and so more efficient to read).
>
> I guess lumping certs associated with a revision together might be
> good, but maybe not---maybe you want certs for a particular branch
> close together, and that that's much more important.

Well, I wasn't talking about performance, but about semantic problems, e.g.
the problem that currently certs which are issued in one logical step are only
loosely coupled later on; or that you don't have author or date information
(or a message fwiw) attached to the 'tag', 'suspend' or 'test-result' certs.

- Thomas