Re: [Monotone-devel] unhexification of revision hashes

From: Zbigniew Zagórski
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] unhexification of revision hashes
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 23:23:13 +0100

Markus Schiltknecht pisze:
Hello Zbigniew,

Zbigniew Zagórski wrote:
I don't remember reasons for this change besides db compaction.

Hey, thanks, that's great and pretty instant help. ;-)

Ha... I think it's "Graydon leave effect" ... everybody is now on
steroids ;)

See releases ? ViewMtn, Guitone, mtteam is also preparing a demo ...

Hope this enthusiasm will last for long...

Last I checked, I saw very small performance improvements, so these numbers are looking suspicious to me. Can you recheck the CXX flags, please?

Unfortunately I've recompiled head, ran tests and times are the same as with
0.38, so
your code is slower. I didn't wanted to bring bad news ... :(

BTW. All tests on hot DB and repeated few times.

BTW: please don't drop the mailing list and reply to all. Or can the list admin make the mailing list set a "reply-to" header, or something?

Hmm, it's my common mistake to hit "Reply" only but this time I'm innocent.

+1 for Reply To header set by mailing daemon.

--
Zbigniew -zbigg- Zagórski
/ software developer / geek / happy daddy /