[Monotone-devel] IPv6 addresses and ports (and netxx)

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] IPv6 addresses and ports (and netxx)
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 08:19:31 +0100

I've noticed that monotone doesn't accept the quite common form "[::1]:4691" to specify both IPv6 address and port explicitly... I taken a look at the netsync code and discovered that well, except for the case ":4691" where only the port is specified, it's not managed by monotone at all but by netxx's Address (specifically by function parse_uri, in address.css:178). That code has to reference to '[' whatsoever and says "if it has more than one column, it's IPv6 and exit here"; the code to address "column port-number" follows that line.

Which leads me to the following question: is upstream netxx still alive? I see the homepage is no more, and the best Google has to suggest about netxx is the MacOSX port... in that case, should I apply a patch to our netxx directly? Well, I guess I should do that either ways ;)

    Lapo