Re: [Monotone-devel] mainline unit tests fixed

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mainline unit tests fixed
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:33:41 -0400

"Zack Weinberg" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 4:48 PM, Markus Schiltknecht <address@hidden> wrote:
>>  Stephen, please,
>>  before you commit, run the testsuite - that's what we have it for.

I did, on the box I have access to; MinGW. It passed.

I also looked at the buildbot results; they are all failing except
MinGW. They were failing before this change, as well.

The buildbot master is supposed to have a way to examine the test
logs, but that is broken at the moment. So I did not have a good way
to tell if introducing --ssh-sign=no had any effects.

Hmm. I can retrieve the list of which tests are failing on each
buildbot, so I could have checked whether the ssh-agent tests started
failing. I didn't do that; I'll remember that for next time.

I now realize that all of the ssh-agent tests are skipped on MinGW,
because they don't work there. So it was not a good idea for me to
introduce that change.

I'm waiting for Richard to finish setting up the Cygwin buildbot. Then
I can start running Cygwin as well as MinGW for all commits, and fix
things on my local box; that should catch more stuff like this.

>>  Then commit on mainline only if it passes all the tests. Use a
>>  branch if you want to commit experimental stuff, which doesn't
>>  pass the tests.
>
> I am 100% agreed with this rule, however.

Me too; I'm doing my best to follow it.

There is now a MinGW buildbot, so people can more easily tell if their
changes break something on Windows.
--
-- Stephe