Re: [Monotone-devel] mainline unit tests fixed

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mainline unit tests fixed
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:46:31 +0100

Hi,

Nathaniel Smith wrote:
Yeah, touching $HOME is weird, we should be using --confdir or
whatever it's called... that said, setting HOME to something isn't
*too* crazy a way to sandbox the mtn-under-test.

But if we do go that way, we'd better set APPDATA too...

The reason I was fiddling with $HOME was, that ssh_agent wants to tests all variants of --ssh-sign, including not specifying it.

Maybe it's safer to add "--ssh-sign=no" to lua-testsuite.lua, and just special case the ssh_agent test.

The problem isn't spawning a private copy of the daemon, IIRC the
tests do that; the problem is that after spawning a private copy of
the daemon, we need a way to run the mtn binary that will actually be
willing to talk to the daemon :-).  That's part of why we have all the
different *mtn() functions, because different parts of the test suite
can accept more or less defaults.

Maybe in this case the right solution is to add an extra
--ssh-sign=yes to the agent tests, though -- will that override an
-ssh-sign=no given earlier on the command line?

I'm not quite sure I'm understanding this. Testing all variants of that option still makes sense to me. And that seems to work only with overriding $HOME - or is there a better way?

But as I said: I'm not an expert for ssh-agents. Someone with more in-depth insights should fix that test, please.

Regards

Markus