[Monotone-devel] Re: Personal/Project/MtnSummit Introduction

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Personal/Project/MtnSummit Introduction
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 18:38:37 +0200

Philipp Gröschler wrote:
I thought that a small viewing application based on PHP couldn't be that much of a problem.

I had that phase too, and began a little something... but being alone, and being redundant, and having little precious free time, I eventually abandoned it...

I had a little chat with Thomas Keller, wiping out my last doubts about the summit in Wuppertal

Ah!
I was just about to suggest you to participate to the summit myself ;-)

For your information: most of my time I am coding with Java or PHP

Same here, except the fact than being a crypto-freak could convince me than working on crypto-stuff in C++ is better than on a front-end in Java or PHP 0=)

OTOH a front-end in JSP could probably re-use much of the Eclipse-plugin code, and help improve it.

OTOH a JSP front-end would generally be as difficult to install (for one that doesn't know Tomcat and friends) as the Python-based one already is (for one that doesn't know Python), so that could be a bit moot.

In any case... welcome aboard this little ship where people generally prefer to do things Right-and-Secure instead of Fast ;-)

    Lapo