Re: [Monotone-devel] conflict resolution commands

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] conflict resolution commands
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 17:46:13 -0400

I've checked in 490e2bd9ae9a28684f56a09e92ade06f495ad3e2 on
n.v.m.resolve_conflicts.

The conflict resolutions are now documented in monotone.texi; see the
Command Reference | Tree | Conflicts section. The Merge Conflicts
section on resolving duplicate name conflicts now shows how to use the
new conflicts commands.

All of the conflict resolutions are implemented, and minimally tested
(see tests/resolve_duplicate_name_conflict,
tests/resolve_conflicts_all_resolutions).

I still need to add error checking tests, but this is ready for people
to try out.

I have not yet tested the problematic cases posted here previously.

I left the --resolve-conflicts option in the code, but took it out of the
manual (in favor of just --resolve-conflicts-file). This option
requires basic-io syntax as its value, which is difficult for a user
to type. The point of having it was to make it easy to specify a
resolution for a single conflict, instead of having to use multiple
"conflicts" commands. But now I think it's not worth it. Suggestions?

The current developement head of Emacs DVC has an
"xmtn-conflicts-mode" that edits the conflicts file, if people want to
see what a GUI interface to this could be like.

--
-- Stephe