Re: [Monotone-devel] library build

From: Jack Lloyd
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] library build
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 21:25:20 -0400

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 07:34:20PM +0200, Markus Wanner wrote:

> After just having upgraded (and now landed) monotone's included botan to
> 1.7.12. Jack is already approaching 1.7.15 with yet another set of
> renaming. I'm rather going to use the nvm.stripped branch than continue
> to manually upgrade again.

Please keep me updated on the timing of this. Despite the recent
string of releases, I actually expect the amount of time I'll have to
work on Botan will reduce pretty dramatically for a while in the neat
future. So if Botan 1.7.x is going to distros (AFAIK the only distro
it is currently in is Debian) I would just as soon it be the future
1.7.15 rather than .14 since there are another slew of changes (in
particular adding ECDSA). I don't have an ETA in particular planned
for the release (sometime this month, probably); if you need a fresh
1.7 release to accompany a new version of Monotone at a particular
time just let me know.

-Jack