Re: [Monotone-devel] get_cipher change, 1.8 roadmap [was: library build]

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] get_cipher change, 1.8 roadmap [was: library build]
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 09:36:05 -0700

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 9:04 AM, Jack Lloyd <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yes I should make it clear generally that 1.7 is completely unstable,
> basically the only limits to what might change are what I might decide
> to do (limited only by time/energy/imagination) or whatever patches
> people might send me. Hopefully any such changes are improvements, of
> course, though who can say.

Thinking about the use-of-system-libraries project, how nuts would we
be to drop back to 1.6.latest API and libraries for the duration (i.e.
until 1.8.0 is out)?  It seems unwise to be trying to use
system-provided libraries and *at the same time* trying to use the
very latest development version of botan, but if 1.6 is just not going
to hack it, perhaps that's where we are...

zw