Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: converting a monotone repository

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: converting a monotone repository
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 19:12:11 -0500

On Sat, 2008-10-04 at 23:55 -0600, Derek Scherger wrote:
[...]

> One easy way to fix this problem is to have mercurial run monotone
> with the '--root=.' option to prevent monotone from searching for a
> _MTN directory.

[...]
> It also seems somewhat questionable to me that the monotone automation
> interface goes looking for a workspace root directory in the first
> place although I'm sure there are reasons for this that escape me at
> the moment.

There's a new --no-workspace option to turn off this behavior even when
you're in the root of a workspace.

I think the reason it looks for a workspace is at least partly that
there are some automate commands that do interact with a workspace, such
as get_base_revision_id.

--
Timothy

Free (experimental) public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net