Re: [Monotone-devel] nvm.dates

From: Markus Wanner
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] nvm.dates
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 19:40:52 +0200

Hi,

thank you for your review.

Stephen Leake wrote:
> So I think keeping date unsigned is ok, but please document this
> rationale in dates.hh.

Okay, will do.

One reason for using unsigned is that a single $DATE < $MAX is
sufficient in valid(), whereas with a signed integer we'd have two
comparisons.

Not sure if it matters that much at all.

> This change certainly makes it easier to add operations on dates in
> the future, which we might want to do. I can see that some 'import
> from other CM tool' functions might want to check dates.

Yes, CVS is one candidate, but we already have a special parse_date in
rcs_import.cc... I didn't look into merging those, even though it would
not be overly complicated, because they both are basically:

  YY(YY) MM DD   HH MM SS

But differ in the separators...

> I see no reason to object to landing it on mainline.

Cool, thanks.

> I see no reason to object to landing this on mainline either. Some of
> the stats could be useful; frequency of checkins might correlate with
> something :).

Hehe... yeah. :-)

Regards

Markus Wanner