Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn status speed

From: Tony Tung
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn status speed
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 09:50:54 -0800

On Dec 9, 2008, at 5:15 AM, Stephen Leake wrote:

Tony Tung <address@hidden> writes:

I'm using monotone with vc-mtn.el in emacs, which calls mtn status
<file> rather frequently.  Generally this is fine, but I have a few
workspaces with thousands of files, and it seems to be quite slow in
those situations.  I suspect it is calculating the status for all the
files in the workspace, and *then* filtering out just the files in the
command line.

This doesn't directly address your question, but you could try Emacs
DVC https://gna.org/projects/dvc. Its user interface is similar to
PCL-CVS, and it _never_ calls mtn status on a single file :).

Interesting! I'll give that a try. The last time I looked at that project, it did not support monotone yet.

Thanks,
Tony