Re: [Monotone-devel] Time for a release

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Time for a release
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 00:30:53 +0100

Stephen Leake schrieb:
>> A few things have to happen before, though:
>>
>> * Had anybody beside the implementor taken a deeper look and tried the
>> new mtn conflicts functionality? Is this ready to ship as is?
>
> not to my knowledge; one person used it and aggreed it was an
> improvement over the current conflict resolution process (which is
> still there).

Ok, then I guess we see if / how people use it. It still has to be
triggered manually through (explicit_)merge/propagate
--resolve-conflicts, right? Or is the conflicts file automatically
written to _MTN/conflicts and the user is hinted there?

You see, I haven't found time to actually play with it myself - maybe I
should.

>> * The buildbots on Win32, Mac OS X and AIX are either dysfunctional or
>> offline. Could somebody (Richard, where are you?) please have a look at
>> them? (Btw... Richard, in case you've missed my email a couple of months
>> ago, please remove the SuSE 9.3 buildbot - this is no longer existing.)
>
> I was maintaining the Win32 buildbot; the machine has died. I'm moving
> to a new house; once I get settled I'll look into replacing it.
>
> I can run the monotone test suite on a Win32 machine at work; last I
> tried it, there were no failures.

That would be cool! Is this machine Vista or XP-based?

> There are some failures in the Cygwin version; I have not tried to fix
> them recently.

Is there anybody else who's using cygwin and who could run the testsuite
there?

I'll run the testsuite on OSX-10.5/Intel, the PPC/10.4 one seems to
succeed. The BSDs then still make some problems, anyone up for looking
into them?

Thomas.