[Monotone-devel] sutures [Re: Time for a release]

From: Pavel Cahyna
Subject: [Monotone-devel] sutures [Re: Time for a release]
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 00:14:14 +0100

Hello,

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 09:22:10AM -0500, Stephen Leake wrote:
> > A few things have to happen before, though:
> >
> > * Had anybody beside the implementor taken a deeper look and tried the
> > new mtn conflicts functionality? Is this ready to ship as is?
>
> not to my knowledge; one person used it and aggreed it was an
> improvement over the current conflict resolution process (which is
> still there).

What is the status of the planned "file sutures"? Are they related to the
new conflicts functionality? I am asking mainly because they could fix a
really annoying problem with "pluck" IIUC: that if you pluck a revision
which introduces a file, monotone does not recognize it as the same file
as the original one and subsequent pluck which modify this file will fail.
See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/monotone-devel/2007-08/msg00159.html

Pavel