Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Time for a release

From: Peter Stirling
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Time for a release
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 23:08:34 +0000

I have an OS X machine (ppc) and Vista as well, what would be
required to run a build bot?

On 14 Dec 2008, at 7:28 am, Richard Levitte wrote:

Hello, and apologies for my absence.
I wasn't that far away, but I've had a bit too much life to be able to
focus on monotone for a couple of months (basically since late
October).  A new love and habits, routines and so on forming and
changing around that, plus the habitual slower tempo of winter
time...  Not very good excuses, really, I could have handled it
differently, but didn't, so again, apologies.
This means that I have hardly read anything than mail personally
addressed to me since then...

I've now removed the SuSE 9.3 buildbot.

As for the Win32, Mac OS X and AIX buildbots, I do not know for now.
I'll try and reach the owners and see what they can do.

I've a bit of a recap to do, obviousy.  So I get that the following is
needed more or less immediately (please remember that at the time of
writing, I still haven't gone through the last two months of monotone
email flow):

- move the ikiwiki variant of the web site to become the main web
 site.
- check build bots.
- fix the swedish translation.

Please correct anything that I didn't get right.

Longer term, I also need to make it possible for others to maintain
the monotone stuff.

As for translations, I believe that the translations that haven't been
updated for a long while need to be cancelled.  Not removed, mind you,
since someone might take them up again, just make sure those
translations aren't build into binary distributions.

I'm slowly coming back to the rest of life, there's the usual
Christmas stress going on right now, so I will still be a bit slow.
Hopefully not for too long.

Cheers,
Richard ( who doesn't usual top post ;-) )