Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Time for a release

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Time for a release
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 14:35:45 +0100

Richard Levitte schrieb:
> Hello, and apologies for my absence.
> I wasn't that far away, but I've had a bit too much life to be able to
> focus on monotone for a couple of months (basically since late
> October).  A new love and habits, routines and so on forming and
> changing around that, plus the habitual slower tempo of winter
> time...  Not very good excuses, really, I could have handled it
> differently, but didn't, so again, apologies.

No problem, we all have a live and congrats for the new fiancee ;)

> I've now removed the SuSE 9.3 buildbot.

Thanks!

> As for the Win32, Mac OS X and AIX buildbots, I do not know for now.
> I'll try and reach the owners and see what they can do.

Thanks in advance for that as well.

> As for translations, I believe that the translations that haven't been
> updated for a long while need to be cancelled.  Not removed, mind you,
> since someone might take them up again, just make sure those
> translations aren't build into binary distributions.

Yeah, I thought of something like this as well, better no translation
than a partially correct / working one, which might mean more bad karma
for the project than these would be good for.
Is it correct that its enough to remove the outdated translations from
po/LINGUAS to get them out of the distribution?

> I'm slowly coming back to the rest of life, there's the usual
> Christmas stress going on right now, so I will still be a bit slow.
> Hopefully not for too long.

No problem - would you like to take over the release manager hat again
or shall I continue for now?

Thomas.