Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [ANN] monotone 0.44 released

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [ANN] monotone 0.44 released
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 13:38:28 -0700

Quoting Patrick Georgi <address@hidden>:

Am 20.05.2009 17:31, schrieb Stephen Leake:
I guess I should have looked ahead in the email traffic :).

There are instructions for building the win32 installer in
monotone/win32/README. It packages mtn.exe and the required dlls.

The installer currently on the monotone website contains a mtn.exe but
no dlls; I've now replaced it with the correct version.

Note that this replacement does not seem to have succeeded; I don't
understand why.

I prefer to build monotone static (also on Solaris), and the mtn.exe I
posted works.

How do you accomplish this? The monotone Makefile builds a dynamically
linked executable.

Hmm. Maybe there's a configure switch? I don't see one.

We should use the Makefile in the distribution, unmodified.

Using dlls is especially useless as mtn has its own private copy in
that setup.

True, but that could change in the future, and it is consistent with
other platforms.

I don't know if Inno setup is intelligent enough to check for the
existence of the dlls, and only install the missing ones. Or to
install them in a better (shared) place. That's something we should
look into.

At the very least, the build instructions in INSTALL and win32/README
should be kept up to date, and produce the setup executable on
the website.

-- Stephe