Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [ANN] monotone 0.44 released

From: Patrick Georgi
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [ANN] monotone 0.44 released
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 22:44:39 +0200

Am 21.05.2009 22:38, schrieb Stephen Leake:
How do you accomplish this? The monotone Makefile builds a dynamically
linked executable.
Simply by building the libraries with --disable-shared, and (in case of libidn which doesn't care about user wishes) moving the dll (and .dll.a) aside. The build automatically picks up the static libraries.
We should use the Makefile in the distribution, unmodified.
I had to patch some source files (some #include and using std:: statements, as usual - cleaned up patch will appear soon), but the build system was unchanged.
I don't know if Inno setup is intelligent enough to check for the
existence of the dlls, and only install the missing ones. Or to
install them in a better (shared) place. That's something we should
look into.
shared place? unversioned shared libraries? Doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
At the very least, the build instructions in INSTALL and win32/README
should be kept up to date, and produce the setup executable on
the website.
Probably. In that case, I can't do it, as with shared libs, it doesn't build right (thanks to some mangling related to imported symbols)

Patrick