Re: [Monotone-devel] cvs_import failure

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] cvs_import failure
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 21:25:25 +0100

Am 23.11.09 17:30, schrieb Jeff Rizzo:
> From time to time I check in to see if the state of cvs_import has
> improved at all by attempting to import the NetBSD src repository.
> Since it had been over a year since last I tried, I gave it a go over
> the weekend.  After about 36 hours, it died (which is about what I
> recall it doing last time).
>
> 1)  is there somewhere I should be opening some kind of bug on this?
> (Is there one open?) 2)  I have vague recollections of having
> somewhat more success with nvm.cvs_branch_reconstruction - but that
> looks like it hasn't been touched in a year.
>
> Other thoughts?  Unfortunately, my scrollback filled up, and I only
> got most of the command output:

Unfortunately nobody has been working on cvs_import for the last couple
of months and I doubt someone will soon pick up the topic again. For
most people a subversion exporter is even higher on the priority list
than a working cvs import.

There's certainly prior art for cvs import (f.e. I heard that the
cvs2svn code is pretty well a couple of times), but unless its a high
demand topic for somebody, there won't happen much in this area. I can
only say that patches and code are more than welcome and that we'd love
to support everybody improving the importer code, but thats about it.

Thomas.