Re: [Monotone-devel] Time for a release

From: Thomas Moschny
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Time for a release
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:47:13 +0100

Am Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:43:18 +0100
schrieb Thomas Keller <address@hidden>:
> We also got recently a notification that 0.45 (and likely also 0.46)
> won't compile on gcc-4.5:

> I don't know the release schedule of gcc, but maybe we could fix this
> one specific issue before 0.46 is out, because I doubt we have another
> release out in a month or so, so 0.46 will be around for a while.

As far as Fedora is concerned, gcc 4.5 will not be in F13, and F14
could be released in November, so there's some time left.

Anyway, the fix was easy, it was a missing #include "roster.hh" in
selectors.cc, committed in 743110f6dc3d8b3dd2b975eb4dec13f1e2e47c09.

Btw, while checking this in a debian chroot, I saw
the "netsync_largish_file" test failing:

[...]
mtn: peer localhost:59751 IO terminated connection in working state
(error)
mtn: error: I/O failure while talking to peer localhost:59751,
disconnecting [...]
mtn: peer 127.0.0.1:41314 IO failed in working state (error)
mtn: operation canceled: Terminated
[...]

Is anyone else able to reproduce this, or has any clue what's going on
there?

--
Thomas Moschny  <address@hidden>