Re: [Monotone-devel] the changelog editor branch is ready for review

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] the changelog editor branch is ready for review
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 03:29:21 -0400

Derek Scherger <address@hidden> writes:

> Presumably someone could write a monotone-commit-mode for emacs and
> something similar for vim that would allow the editor to prevent you from
> editing things you're not supposed to.

I take the opposite approach in my Emacs front-end; I edit _MTN/log
(almost directly), and tell commit to just use it. That means changing
the branch, author etc require separate commands (which I have not
implemented).

There are commands to enter comment templates from ediff, while
reviewing changes.

But your approach also makes sense.

> I was hoping/expecting to hear from anyone who might be parsing the log
> output if they were concerned with the changes being proposed.

I've been thinking about implementing 'automate log'; the current log
implementation in the Emacs front end is horribly inefficient, and has at
least one bug that I'm having a hard time fixing. It uses bunches of
automate commands to reproduce approximately what 'mtn log' does.

--
-- Stephe