Re: [Monotone-devel] mismatched SHA checksum

From: Thomas Moschny
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mismatched SHA checksum
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 09:37:01 +0200

Am Mon, 14 Jun 2010 21:21:17 -0700
schrieb "Arthur A. Gleckler" <address@hidden>:

> This morning, I downloaded 0.48 for Linux ("mtn-0.48-linux-x86.bz2")
> and the SHA checksum matched.  I just downloaded it again on two other
> computers, and in both cases, the checksum didn't match.  I don't have
> access to the first computer right now to compare files, but I'm
> wondering if this is a mistake or something sinister.  Was that binary
> supposed to have changed this afternoon?

Sorry, that's my fault. I uploaded the binary twice, because the first
version still had a glibc-2.4 symbol in it (and we claim to be
compatible with glibc-2.3). After the first upload, the caching logic
on the website remembered the sha1 sum of that file, and I wasn't able
to convince it to refresh it after the second upload. The correct sha1
is: 84e72fb610418d848fc1ebe2b3821932cce6c38e  mtn-0.48-linux-x86.bz2.

- Thomas