Re: [Monotone-devel] mismatched SHA checksum

From: Thomas Moschny
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mismatched SHA checksum
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 09:45:16 +0200

Am Tue, 15 Jun 2010 09:24:05 +0200
schrieb Thomas Keller <address@hidden>:

> When the binary was uploaded, it might have already been looked at
> through the downloads page and because of that a wrong checksum of a
> partially uploaded file was calculated and cached. This cache
> invalidates itself after 24 hours, so it should be correct in a few.

The file was indeed uploaded twice, intentionally, as I explained in my
other mail.

> Sorry for the inconvenience - I start to think I should remove this
> dynamic hashing again altogether...

We could use file time and size to determine whether the sha1 sum has
to be regenerated (same as the mtn inodeprints code does).

For security reasons though, it would be best to not automatically
regenerate the checksums.

- Thomas