Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: New mailing lists have been added to gmane

From: Thomas Keller
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 01:19:55 +0200

Am 06.08.10 23:17, schrieb Gour D.:
> On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 09:11:26 +0200
>
> Thomas> The two mailing lists monotone-debian and monotone-users have
> Thomas> finally be added to gmane - the online mailing list archive
> Thomas> (http://gmane.org/).
>
> I've tried to send reply to monotone-users but got this:
>
> "You have tried posting to gmane.comp.version-control.monotone.user,
> which is a read-only mailing list.  Gmane can therefore not send this
> message to that mailing list."

Actually I specifically disabled that feature because I think gmane is
great for browsing things, but if somebody wants to post to the list, he
should be subscribed to it (and optionally configure to receive no
mail). Anyways, even if you do not want to subscribe, I can easily let
all your mail pass through after the first moderation request if you
want that.

Thomas.