Re: [Monotone-devel] nvm.options

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] nvm.options
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 18:54:19 -0500

On 07/21/2010 05:18 AM, Stephen Leake wrote:

The options no-unknown/unknown are defined twice - once as

SIMPLE_OPTION(unknown ...)

once as

OPTSET_REL(automate_inventory_opts, no_unknown)
SIMPLE_OPTION(no_unknown ...)

That seems like it could be a problem, but it seems to work.

Yeah... those seemed to me like logically separate things that really need separate descriptions. The reason it can work, is that on the first pass (before we know what command is being run) when *all* options are allowed there's a flag that tells the option parser to not I() on duplicate options so long as they both agree on whether to take an argument.

I went back the the email thread; there is one issue that was brought
up but not resolved:

Change --conflicts-file/--resolve-conflicts-file/--resolve-conflicts to:

    --resolve-conflicts             resolve conflicts non-interactively
    --resolve-conflicts-file<arg>   use the given file instead of _MTN/conflicts

dropping --conflicts-file.

But I think that's best left for another time.

Sounds good to me.

--
Timothy

Free public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net