Re: [Monotone-devel] key management

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] key management
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 04:00:40 -0400

Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:

> Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:

>> 1) Please rename pubkey to get_public_key

Done.

>> rename genkey to generate_key.

Done.

>> 3) Please also implement put_public_key.

Done.

I duplicated the read_packets implementation, and deleted the non-key
stuff.

There is a test in tests/key_management that shows no error when the
input stream is not a packet. I was attempting to show that the error
message was reasonable, so this was a surprise. This is not new behavior
('automate read_packets' does the same), but perhaps we should try to
fix it?

We could also go thru all the tests and monotone.texi, and change
read_packets to put_public_key where possible. But I think that should
wait until we actually have a deprecation mechanism.

>> 4) The docs on drop_public_key should be tweaked a bit

done.

>> 5) Would it be a good idea to rename common/test_utils_inventory.lua to
>> something more generic now that this is used a couple of times outside
>> the basic inventory tests? Alternatively the common stuff could be moved
>> out of this file.

Done; common stuff moved to tests/common/basic_io.lua

--
-- Stephe