Re: [Monotone-devel] cvs-import

From: Markus Wanner
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] cvs-import
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 10:54:22 +0200

Hi,

On 08/25/2010 03:43 PM, address@hidden wrote:
Perhaps I remember wrong, but I thought a year or so ago cvs_import was
edged with limitations and warnings -- things like it would only import
one branch, and the like.

To my knowledge, these limitations still apply.

I've been trying a rewrite, using similar algorithms as the cvs2svn project. See the nvm.cvsimport-branch-reconstruction branch. You may try the current state of that branch, but it certainly still has its issues as well.

I had been considering modifying cvs2svn to turn it into a cvs2mtn.

You should probably take the cvs2git adaption into account as well, because git is a lot closer to monotone than subversion.

Regards

Markus Wanner