Re: [Monotone-devel] project.cc:586: detected internal error, 'E(false)'

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] project.cc:586: detected internal error, 'E(false)' violated
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 11:25:58 +0200

Am 18.09.10 15:42, schrieb Gour D.:
> Hello!
>
> Today I played a bit with monotone wanting to suspend one branch and
> create a new one 'cause, for some reason, committing in the old branch
> was always causing divergence and need for a merge.
>
> However, while doing it, I faced a problem...Here is the console log
> along with the contents of 'dump' file:
>
> [...]
> |   Revision: e34929d8ed7da1d5ed707487abe5671369521170 |   Parent:
> 09de5c059954ebe03c31cb6367f29015676a1d5f |   Author:   address@hidden
> |   Date:     09/18/2010 09:50:14 AM
> |   Branch:   org.no-ip.gaura-nitai.aur
> |   Tag:      cherokee-1.0.8-2
> |
> |   Changelog:
> |
> |   cherokee-1.0.8-2
> |
> |   Changes against parent 09de5c059954ebe03c31cb6367f29015676a1d5f
> |
> |     added    network/cherokee
> |     added    network/cherokee/PKGBUILD
> |     added    network/cherokee/cherokee.install
> |     added    network/cherokee/cherokee.logrotate
> |     added    network/cherokee/cherokee.rc
> |     attr on  network/cherokee/cherokee.rc
> |         set  mtn:execute
> |          to  true
> Encountered an error while musing upon the following:
> project.cc:586: detected internal error, 'E(false)' violated

This seems to be <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?30462> which has
been fixed already in 55ae061e. But this commit just improves the
cosmetics, the underlying problem (with your database / workspace
though) is that the key who signed the commit is neither available in
the keystore nor in the database and therefor monotone can't determine
the key name of it.

The code there might be written a bit conservative though - if somebody
really lost a private key, he should probably still be able to view his
older commits / certs and we should probably just warn him or something.

Minimal test case to recap:

mtn au genkey address@hidden ""
mtn setup -b test .
mtn mkdir foo
mtn ci -m initial -k address@hidden
mtn dropkey address@hidden
mtn ls certs $(mtn au get_base_revision_id)

Thomas.