Re: [Monotone-devel] project.cc:586: detected internal error, 'E(false)'

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] project.cc:586: detected internal error, 'E(false)' violated
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 08:50:06 -0400

"Gour D." <address@hidden> writes:

> Today I played a bit with monotone wanting to suspend one branch and
> create a new one 'cause, for some reason, committing in the old branch
> was always causing divergence and need for a merge.

This sounds like a problem that was fixed in 0.48, but may still be
present in your database. Try running 'db check', and if it reports a
problem, 'db regenerate_caches'.

> However, while doing it, I faced a problem...

project.cc:586 is this:

      E(false, origin::internal,
        F("key %s does not exist") % id);

It's supposed to print a more helpful message; not clear why it doesn't.

Did something change with your keys recently?

--
-- Stephe