Re: [Monotone-devel] automate sync display branches?

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] automate sync display branches?
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 03:05:50 -0400

Timothy Brownawell <address@hidden> writes:

> On 09/13/2010 08:17 AM, Timothy Brownawell wrote:
>
>> Right now there's a really nasty hack for creating a
>> netsync_connection_info from nothing in case the session didn't get one
>> when created (server accepting a connection), so probably the future_set
>> objects need to live somewhere new (that still gets passed into the
>> session, so the caller can get the id's / counts back).
>
> This is fixed, there's a separate connection_counts object that just
> holds the 6 future_set's.

Looks good.

I've fixed the 'automate sync' output so it is nominally useful. I
haven't written any tests for it yet; I want to implement the Emacs
front end first to make sure it is actually useful :).

One request: you committed one revision that is both a propagate, and
has other changes:

   8434d5524dde039f70c7ff347b5de32cf7b9043b
   2010-09-19T21:03:25  Timothy Brownawell  <address@hidden>
     Merge in changes and apply move of {keys,revs,certs}_{in,out} out of
     netsync_connection_info into their own separate container.

That makes it difficult to review, since there are lots of changes I've
already reviewed. Please do this in two commits.

Just out of curiosity, how did you do the "merge in changes"? This
doesn't look like you used 'mtn propagate'. Maybe you did
'merge_into_workspace'?

--
-- Stephe