Re: [Monotone-devel] automate sync display branches?

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] automate sync display branches?
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 06:23:39 -0500

On 09/20/2010 02:05 AM, Stephen Leake wrote:
One request: you committed one revision that is both a propagate, and
has other changes:

    8434d5524dde039f70c7ff347b5de32cf7b9043b
    2010-09-19T21:03:25  Timothy Brownawell<address@hidden>
      Merge in changes and apply move of {keys,revs,certs}_{in,out} out of
      netsync_connection_info into their own separate container.

That makes it difficult to review, since there are lots of changes I've
already reviewed. Please do this in two commits.

Just out of curiosity, how did you do the "merge in changes"? This
doesn't look like you used 'mtn propagate'. Maybe you did
'merge_into_workspace'?

Yes, merge_into_workspace and then the necessary changes to get it to compile with the counters being moved. I'd thought that it belonged as part of the merge, since it was basically taking a language-token-rename from one side and making sure it was applied to the result properly in ways that our non-language-aware merger can't handle correctly (ie, with a Sufficiently Intelligent merge algorithm it would have been part of the merge automatically). But on the other hand I guess it *does* interfere with 'diff'...

--
Timothy

Free public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net