[Monotone-devel] automate serve?

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: [Monotone-devel] automate serve?
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 10:36:26 -0400

In implementing the DVC front-end for automate sync, I've run into a
problem.

If I use ssh: or file: netsync schemes, the mtn process that is started
outputs startup error messages that are not properly packetized for
automate stdio. For example, if the path to the database is wrong, I get
something like;

0:p:114:connecting to
file:///Projects/monotone/monotone.netsync.automate-build_cygwin/tester_dir/tests/working/test2.db?*mtn:
 misuse: database
/Projects/monotone/monotone.netsync.automate-build_cygwin/tester_dir/tests/working/test2.db
 does not exist

Here the string up to the first "test2.db?*" is properly packetized, but
the next part is plain text; the error message.

If the serve connection is started without errors, it performs and
terminates cleanly.

The mtn process is running 'mtn serve ...'. I think the correct solution
to this is to implement 'automate serve', so that the error messages are
properly packetized. That should be easy; CMD_NO_WORKSPACE(serve ...) in
cmd_netsync.cc is short, and should not need any modification; I can
just copy it into a CMD_AUTOMATE(serve ...).

Any thoughts?

--
-- Stephe