Re: [Monotone-devel] automate serve?

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] automate serve?
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 17:04:58 +0200

Am 26.09.10 16:36, schrieb Stephen Leake:
> In implementing the DVC front-end for automate sync, I've run into a
> problem.
>
> If I use ssh: or file: netsync schemes, the mtn process that is started
> outputs startup error messages that are not properly packetized for
> automate stdio. [...]

If you read over this again, how do you think would an automate version
of serve make any changes to this behaviour? The mtn instance that is
called would still use a completely different package stream (which must
not be intermixed with the packet stream of the parent process) and to
get _any_ kind of packeting there you'd anyways need to call it over
stdio there.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding something... clear me up :)

Thomas.