[Monotone-devel] Re: [bug #31017] automate stdio session does not see ex

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: [bug #31017] automate stdio session does not see external db changes
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 17:27:21 -0400

Zack Weinberg <address@hidden> writes:

> Follow-up Comment #4, bug #31017 (project monotone):
>
> There is no such thing as locking against deletion on Unix.
>
> How exactly did you get into this situation, Stephen?  The lua tests are
> supposed to only mess with databases that they create.

I'm testing my Emacs DVC front end, implementing sync. So I ran the
automate_netsync lua test to create a couple databases that need
syncing, then ran the front end. The front end maintains a persistent
automate stdio session, with one of the databases. When I fixed a bug in
the front end, I needed to recreate the databases, so there would be
something to sync, so I ran the Lua test again.

I figured out I need to kill the automate stdio session in the front end
first.

--
-- Stephe