Re: [Monotone-devel] usher 0.99 release (name-based virtual hosting for

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] usher 0.99 release (name-based virtual hosting for monotone)
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 23:27:03 +0100

Am 08.11.10 19:36, schrieb Hendrik Boom:
> On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 11:46:03PM -0500, Timothy Brownawell wrote:
>> There is an actual release of usher available now. It's tagged as
>> usher-0.99 available from
>>    mtn://monotone.ca/contrib?net.venge.monotone.usher
>
> This is what I've been waiting for!  But my browser had other ideas ...
>
>> You can also browse the source at
>>    http://code.monotone.ca/p/contrib/source/tree/t:usher-0.99/
>> and see the documentation at
>>
>> http://code.monotone.ca/p/contrib/source/file/t:usher-0.99/doc/documentation.html
>
> Whe I enter this URL into my iceweasel browser, it tell me:
>
> You have chosen to open
>
>    * documentation.html
>
>      which is a: HTML Text
>      from: http://code.monotone.ca
>
> What should iceweasel do with this file?
>
>     * Open with [ /usr/bin/galeon (default) ]
>     * Save File
>     * Do this automatically for files like this from now on.
>
>                                  [ X cancel ] [ OK ]
>
> The drop-down menu that suggests using galeon (another browser)
> presents me to choose between
>    [ /usr/bin/galeon (default) ]
> and
>    Other...
>
> Is this weird, or what?  Iceweasel not knowing what to do with HTML?
> And suggesting handing it over to another browser?

Its because individual files are represented with Content-disposition:
attachment and that makes the browser open up the "save as" dialog. I
linked the 0.99 version of the documentation now with a wiki page where
you can just view it:

http://code.monotone.ca/p/contrib/page/UsherDocumentation/

Thomas.